Hair Loss, Alopecia & Hair Growth
Many of our customers suffer from hair loss as the result of serious illness, prescription medicines, alopecia, pattern baldness, improper use of chemicals or hair extensions and wigs, stress and yes, plain old genetics. There are tons of reported remedies: implants, prosthetics, pills, topical elixirs, protein drinks, herbs, teas and vitamins.
As a teen, I watched as my mother changed from a vibrate, beautiful, outgoing woman to one plagued by a lack of self confidence as the result of ongoing hair loss due to chronic illness. In our search to find a way to restore her sense of self and her beautiful, thick long locks of hair, we tried many remedies with very little success. During that journey, it was incredibly difficult to find hair replacements and prosthetics that were beautiful, undetectable, long-lasting and natural in appearance.
This experience fueled the creation of Magnificent Tresses. We hope to be able to enrich the lives of our customers (female, male and children alike) by helping them to see themselves as whole once again. Our Sales and Customer Service Staff are available, from 8:00 am - 9:00 pm CST, Monday-Saturday, to answer any questions you may have. We will happily guide you through every step of the purchasing process.
All of the remedies mentioned earlier in this article share common principles. We present some of them here for your consideration. In order to create the optimal conditions for hair growth/re-growth, you may wish to try:
* Stimulate follicle growth by increasing the blood circulation in your scalp
* Maintain a healthy, balanced diet that includes protein and B vitamins
*Minimize sugar and carbohydrate consumption (Although chocolate is said to stimulate hair growth. Hooray!)
* Regular physical exercise (if possible) to maintain a healthy mind and body.
* Avoidance of stress. Stress can make your hair fall out in patches!
* Use of a clarifying shampoo after swimming in salt or chlorinated water.
* Avoiding perms, peroxides and heat as they damage the structural integrity of the hair follicle and cuticle layer.
* Minimize tangles by loosely braiding your hair at night. You may also wrap it in a silk scarf or use a satin pillowcase for sleeping.
* Minimize breakage by gently drying your hair with a towel after washing. Never rub vigorously.
* Using a boar's hair brush and wide tooth comb to prevent breakage and evenly distribute the hair's natural oils to hair ends.
* Using a good conditioner after you shampoo, including a leave-in conditioner for those with dry, brittle hair.
* Comb long hair a few times throughout the day to gently remove tangles
Below we present links to articles that may be of interest to our customers. We hope that you will follow our blog and subscribe to our newsletter. We are here for you with hair solutions that will help you through the journey to restore this important aspect of your life.
We welcome your comments, links to useful articles and pictures of you in your Magnificent Tresses!
Black Hair Media
It All Begins With Beautiful Hair.........At Magnificent Tresses!